- 500g whole raw shell-on king prawns, de-veined
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp palm sugar, chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 6-10 Thai chillies (to taste), chopped
- Juice of 2-3 limes (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon oil for frying
- Spring onion, chopped (for garnish, optional)
- In a small bowl, mix the garlic, chillies, palm sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce and lime juice until well combines.
- In a larger bowl, add the prawns then pour over the marinade. Mix to ensure marinade covered all prawns. Cover and leave for at least 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, heat a large pan with oil on medium-high heat.
- Once the pan is hot, fry the prawns for about 3 minutes on each side – until pink/orange.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions.