- 1-3 red scotch bonnet chillies, stem removed (quantity to taste/spice level)
- 4 fresh, ripe vine tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 small/medium onion, two-thirds diced, one-third sliced
- Salt to taste
- Add the chillies, diced onions and a pinch of salt to the asanka, then grind using your tapoli/eta/pestle until smooth.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes in three parts. Grind until you reach your desired consistency. I like mine smooth with a few chopped tomatoes here and there.
- Salt to taste, mix, then top with the sliced onions.
- Add the chillies, diced onions, chopped tomatoes, pinch of salt and a dash of water to your blender. Blend until you reach your desired consistency.
- Pour your meko out of the blender and into a bowl. Taste for salt and adjust if necessary. Top with the sliced onions.