Skip to content
- 300g 70% cocoa plain chocolate, chopped
- 185g salted caramel chocolate, chopped
- 180g unsalted butter
- 135g dark brown sugar
- 270g golden caster sugar
- 60g cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs
- 120g plain flour
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 tsp salt
- Pinch of sea salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (160ºC fan)/ gas mark 4. Line a 12 inch square brown tray with greaseproof paper. The greaseproof paper should overhang by an inch or two.
- Melt the 70% chopped chocolate in a bain marie with the butter. Stir occasionally until fully melted, smooth and silky. Turn off the heat, set bowl aside to cool.
- Add the sugars, eggs and vanilla extract into a separate bowl and whisk until fully combined.
- Once the butter and chocolate mixture has cooled, add to the batter and whisk.
- Fold in the flour, cocoa powder and salt until incorporated. Add in the chopped salted caramel chocolate chunks and fold until well distributed.
- Pour the brownie batter into the tray and place into the oven for 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool down completely before removing from the tray and cutting into 16 squares. Top with a sprinkle of sea salt.