Give your leftover vegetables some love with this flavoursome oven dish that won’t break the bank. Carrots, bell peppers, and onions are items that I always have lying around, which form the bulk of this meal. I will be trying this recipe with other vegetables such as sweet potatoes, parsnips, mushrooms, courgettes… The list goes on!
320 kcal per serving
- 4 chicken quarters
- 1 large red onion, cut into chunks
- 3 bell peppers, cut into chunks
- 8 carrots, cut into chunks
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp season-all
- 1 tsp ground garlic
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan)/ gas mark 7.
- In a large oven proof dish, place in the chicken quarters. Season with the season-all, garlic, paprika, ginger, soy sauce and chilli flakes.
- Add in the carrots and bell peppers. Spread evenly in the pan in between the chicken.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lime over the chicken and vegetables, and add 2 tbsp of hoisin sauce as well.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- After the 20 minutes, take out the oven dish and turn the chicken. Add the red onion into the dish.
- Squeeze the juice of the remaining lime over the chicken and vegetables, and add the rest of the hoisin sauce. Adjust seasoning where necessary, then cook for a further 20 minutes.
- The food should now be ready to cook. Eat the chicken and vegetables on its own, or have it with a bit of rice or cous cous for an extra filling meal.