I’m back after a long revision, dissertation, and exam period! Although there were no posts, I’ve got plenty of meals in the bag so stay tuned. Head to my Instagram for a few teasers.
This meal includes one of my favourites: the sweet potato. I love sweet potato fries more than regular fries actually. I’ve paired roasted sweet potatoes with pan-fried lamb leg steak, red onions, and a little salad on the side.
440 kcal per serving
- 2 lamb leg steaks
- 3 sweet potatoes, cut into evenly sized chunks
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp season-all
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (180ºC fan)/ gas mark 6.
- Place potatoes onto a baking tray and toss in 2 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp season-all, 1/2 tsp black pepper, and 1/2 tsp paprika.
- Bake for 40 – 50 minutes, turning every 15 minutes.
- When the potatoes have reached the 30 minute mark, season the lamb with 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp season-all.
- Heat a pan to a medium heat then place the lamb steaks in the pan.
- Cook for 4 minutes on each side, then take out of the pan to rest for 5 minutes.
- Place the sliced red onions in the pan and fry until softened.
- By now, the sweet potatoes should be cooked. Finish them off in the pan with the red onions, and serve with the lamb leg steaks.
- Enjoy with a side salad or mixed vegetables.