This was my first time making these, and it was so easy. They came out crispy on the outside, and juicy in the middle. Have these chicken strips with your favourite dips, as a side, or even use them to make a chicken strip burger. For an extra crunch, add some panko breadcrumbs.
350 kcal per serving
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets
- Vegetable or sunflower oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 heaped tbsp flour
- 4 tsp all-purpose seasoning
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Pinch of salt
- Pour oil into a large frying pan until the base is just about covered. Heat oil on a medium heat.
- Cut the chicken breast fillets into 1-1.5 cm wide, 8-10 cm long strips. Season the strips with a pinch of salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper, and 1 tsp all-purpose seasoning.
- In a bowl, beat the egg.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour and the remaining all-purpose seasoning, paprika, chilli flakes, black pepper, garlic, and ginger. Mix together with a spoon.
- Coat the strips with the flour mix, then coat with egg, then return for a final coat of flour. Be sure to shake off the excess flour or egg each time you coat.
- Add the strips to the frying pan and fry for 6-8 minutes, turning the strips regularly for an even golden brown colour.
- Drain on some kitchen roll, then serve.