Honey, soy sauce, and lemon are a great combination. These three ingredients (with the help of some seasoning, of course) can be used to liven up some chicken wings! For this recipe, I left the chicken wings whole, but feel free to break them down into wingette, drumette, and wing tip. If you don’t have a use for the wing tip, make a nice chicken stock with them instead.
Yields 10-12 whole wings
120 kcal per wing
- 1kg chicken wings
- 8 tsp soy sauce
- 5 tsp honey
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp ground garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp all-purpose seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp 5 spice
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan)/ gas mark 4.
- In bowl, mix together the soy sauce, honey, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, all-purpose seasoning, 5 spice, and chilli flakes.
- Dip each wing into the marinade and place onto a tray. There should be around half the marinade left over; save this for later.
- Place the lightly marinaded chicken wings into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Take out the chicken wings and layer with with more of the marinade using a spoon or pastry brush. Flip the chicken wings, layer again, and place back into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Repeat step 5.
- The chicken wings should now be a glistening golden brown and ready to eat.
Tip: If you want less work cleaning the tray, line it with 2 layers of foil before placing the wings on to cook.