Perfect for a mid-week dinner where little effort is needed. This dish can be made with turkey or chicken. Thigh meat is dark and more flavoursome than white breast meat, however, it has slightly more calories and fat. I prefer to use turkey thigh fillets as it fairs well as a low fat source of protein, similar to chicken breast. On top of that, the flavour of dark meat is still there, and it’s cheaper.
400 kcal per serving
- 500g boneless & skinless turkey thigh fillets, diced
- 180g of rice (Basmati or long grain)
- 100g green beans, halved
- 1/2 courgette, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp ground garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp 5 spice
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- Wash rice thoroughly (at least 3 times), and cook using packet instructions.
- In a pan, heat the oil on a medium-high heat, then fry the turkey until browned.
- Add the garlic, ginger, 5 spice, and chilli flakes. Stir so that the turkey is combined with the the seasonings.
- Add the chopped courgette, red bell pepper, and green beans to the pan and stir. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Lower the heat, and add the soy sauce and hoisin sauce. Stir and leave to simmer for 10 minutes.Check for seasoning and adjust to your taste.
- Serve with the rice.